Lesjöfors Group provides a wide range of springs and pressings to customers in diverse industries across the world. Renowned for their expertise in high-tech, custom-made solutions, and flexible manufacturing capacity, Lesjöfors is the premier partner for all spring requirements.
Lesjöfors is now seeking an experienced Director R&D and Technical support to lead a dynamic team with a global impact. As the maestro of technical, second line customer support, product development, process development and training of specialists , you'll orchestrate innovation and excellence.
This opportunity includes being part of an exciting growth journey and being part of the frontier of advancing technology and customer satisfaction. You'll cultivate a network of technical specialists across our global organization, and you and the team play a key role in living the values of Lesjöfors Group – innovative, responsive, and trustworthy.
Your responsibility as manager also covers the need of R&D technical capabilities in terms of equipment and competence needed to perform technical investigations required to be the preferred partner to our customers and to secure the position as market leader in springs and pressings.
Furthermore, your responsibilities will include:
• Managerial responsibility for two employees, acting as coach and supporting your team in daily matters related to technical customer inquiries and other subjects related to technical aspects
• The global responsibility to develop, strenghten and promote the use of the technical capability and enhance collaboration between technical specialists and R&D engineers
• Lead product and process development, integrating eco-design principles for sustainable growth
• Manage proprietary software for efficient offer creation and production optimization
• Develop and structure technical training programs for diverse employee roles
• Enhance knowledge sharing and business development globally
• Enhance sales support with innovative technical solutions, driving customer satisfaction and business success
Who you are
As a person we believe that you are highly team-oriented and can excel as both a coach and discussion partner in technical matters. Your blend of business acumen and technical skills, combined with a natural curiosity, sets you apart. You approach tasks with structure, ensuring efficiency in everything you do. Your communication skills allow you to convey complex ideas clearly and effectively. Additionally, you thrive in cross-organizational settings, adept at building positive relationships across departments.
Other requirements for this role include:
• Preferred educational background is M.Sc. in relevant engineering discipline, e.g Mechanical or Materials science
• Minimum 5 years as manager in a technical setting
• Experience from business-close, customer-oriented responsibilities or organizations is required
• Experience from international/ global business
• Swedish and English– fluent in writing and speaking
- Start: As agreed
- Extent: Full time
- Location: Lesjöfors Group operates in a decentralized model and it is therefore possible to work from different locations. Considering the R&D-connected factories in Herrljunga and Varnamo, it is however expected to spend a considerable part of the working time in either one of those sites. Alternatively, closeness to other Swedish production sites (e.g. Lesjöfors, Vällingby, Tyresö, Mönsterås). Travelling will be part of the role.
In this process Lesjöfors is working together with Winona, if you have any questions, please contact Recruitment Responsible: Charlotte Runsbech at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
About the company
Lesjöfors group provides the widest range of springs and pressings to customers in diverse industries across the world. With a unique expertise in high technological, custom-made solutions and a flexible manufacturing capacity, Lesjöfors is the premier partner for all spring requirements.
We are proud of our Swedish inheritage and our history dating back to 1675. The spring manufacturing started in 1852. Today the group is owned by Beijer Alma, a listed company on the Stockholm Stock Exchange. Our group comprises almost 50 manufacturing and sales companies in many countries. As a long-term and committed spring innovator, the group continues to grow with a good profitability, both organically and by acquisitions and we have the long-term ambition to double our business.