Director Commercial Vehicle Software
Permanent Positions · Stockholm
We are looking for a skilled Director Commercial Vehicle Software. Our client is a growing company in the leading edge of autonomous driving and you will be part of an international environment.
We are looking for a skilled Director Commercial Vehicle Software. Our client is a growing company in the leading edge of technology and autonomous driving and you will be part of an international environment with plenty of opportunities.
As the Director Commercial Vehicle Software, you will create and drive a safety, transparent, quality ensured system/software driven culture.
The role offers a challenging position in a growing business with a real opportunity to influence the success of the business.
The Director Commercial Vehicle Software main task is to create and drive a culture in line with the company’s vision and highly set targets. That will be done through creating and driving a safety driven culture - safety for customers, themselves, employees, and the business. The main task will include to create and drive a systems/software driven culture where all engineers support, engage, deploy systems driven engineering and how it interacts and interfaces with software engineering. The focus will also be to initiate and implement a quality driven culture based on the foundations of Lean and efficacy built on a transparent communication and metrics driven organizational culture.
The Director Commercial Vehicle Software will enable the organization and the broader enterprise by proper planning, creating clear ownership and delivering on committed delivery dates and cost targets. Also, you will drive design reuse, design commonality across the engineering factory and enterprise and have full ownership for the global commercial vehicle software resources, the software project assignments, all software product line quote approvals as well as all software product line gate / process review sign offs. Also, the Director Commercial Vehicle Software owns all software engineering product / project planning and architectures and the overall software engineering delivery of the project to the enterprise and customer on time with safety and quality.
Critical thinking and problem solving will be key to success and to drive a culture based on verified data and processes.
We are looking for
To thrive in this position, it is critical that you have:
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in executing at a senior software engineering leadership level (prior chief engineering experience preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in leading and executing software development in a global capacity, with global responsibility utilizing lean engineering principals. (Experience in planning and executing SW engineering budget and experience in planning and executing SW tools within a Global IT Environment)
- Experience and an advocate in planning and executing SW development with large development partners located in India
- Minimum 10+ years combined software development experience for ADAS, Connectivity/Telematics, Driver Information Systems
- Minimum 5+ years combined software development experience for ADAS, Connectivity/Telematics, Driver Information Systems
- Demonstrated experience in deploying ASPICE, cybersecurity and functional safety within the software organization
- Demonstrated experience in developing the next generation of leadership via succession planning, developmental assignments, critical skills identification, and development, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in improving the software engineering factories effectiveness, efficiency, and footprint
Also, to be successful in the role you need to possess:
- Leadership style with the capacity to develop a culture of empowerment
- Business understanding beyond the engineering function
- Experience of cultural differences
- Experience in leading international engineering / product development functions of relevant scale across multiple countries and locations
- Experience in Automotive or Commercial Vehicle Functional Safety product development and leadership
- Experience in Systems Engineering product development and leadership within ASPICE and Functional Safety
- Experience in Software Engineering product development and leadership utilizing ASPICE, Agile and Functional Safety
- Experience in designing, developing, and producing cutting-edge electronics and software utilizing lean engineering processes
- Understanding of organisation optimisation
- Experience in transformation
- Solid track record of delivering on time with quality and safety results
- Strong influencing and communication skills and able to win trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in leading complex architectural tradeoffs across the complex strategic and tactical challenges impacting technology, investment, and market
- Experience establishing and working in partnerships with global suppliers
- Experience leading and developing multiple projects across multiple locations
- Experience in automotive systems, automotive software, program management and industry standards
- Experience in automotive software development utilizing Agile methods tailored for automotive (i.e., AutoScrum, SAFE, etc.)
Place of employment: Stockholm, Sweden
Extent: Full time
Start date: Immediately or as agreed
If you have any questions, please contact Recruitment Responsible: Linda Lindahl at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our selection process is continuous, and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.