System Architect to Stoneridge
Permanent Positions · Stockholm Flexibelt distansarbete
Do you believe that autonomous driving is the future? Stoneridge is looking for System Architects to work in an international environment with plenty of opportunities!
Do you believe that autonomous driving is the future? We do! Stoneridge Electronics HQ in Stockholm is looking for two skilled System Architects to work together with us in an international environment with plenty of opportunities. You will participate in growing the company on the leading edge of technology.
Stoneridge is a leading supplier to the automotive, truck, bus and off-road markets. Our products range from telematic systems, driver information systems, and tachographs through electronic control modules and power distribution centers to multiplex systems, cockpit switch modules and aftermarket products. We are proud to supply products and systems to the majority of the most well-known Vehicle producers like Volvo, Scania, Daimler, MAN, Ford. We are well established in Europe and being a part of the Stoneridge Group enables us to work with customers worldwide. Stoneridge Inc. has about 4500 employees worldwide and has a turnover of approximately 700 million USD. In our team in Stockholm, we have engineers in various disciplines that collaborate with our global teams.
As the System Architect, you will work in a central and strategic position in our development team. You will create a plan for how to work with architecture and design in the project.
We offer you a challenging position in our growing business with a real opportunity to influence the success of the business.
As a System Architect, you will be responsible for owning functional trade-offs, having the decision authority to balance functional performance to reconcile to a given target specification, including cost and industrialization targets. You will support the quote team during the business acquisition phase by ensuring the feasibility of requirements or clear risk identification and quantification in case a requirement is outside the known product capabilities. You will have an overall view of the system, both functions and form, and control the structure and its variants to prevent excessive industrial proliferation through the execution of the Product System Design (PSD) process. You will be responsible for the full decomposition of the system into sub-functions eventually allocated to components and modules and support the system integrator, who interface the customer, during the functional decomposition phase of a customer program.
Your main tasks will be:
- Transform requirements to implementations and question requirements to secure the best choices of operating systems and related technologies.
- Give direction to the various levels of requirements, the system domain, the viable technologies.
- Establish and maintaining embedded system architectural design.
- Links with and advises advanced engineering.
- Interface with users and sponsors and all other stakeholders in the Stoneridge organization to determine their evolving needs.
- Make sure the architecture and design are communicated and understood by relevant project members.
- Understands and visualizes trade-offs to facilitate trade-offs decisions with key stakeholders (e.g., using a ‘spider chart’ highlighting trade-off curves along with several system functions.)
- Ensures interfaces are well defined and controlled between sub-systems and between the functions realized by the system. This work includes the definition of Hardware-Software Interface.
- Responsible for completing the System Requirement Specifications (SYRS) and System Architectural Design (SYAD) based on ASPICE 3 or higher.
- Responsible for implementation of FuSa based on ISO 26262 and Cybersecurity based ISO/SAE 21434 standard. Specialist help on these subjects is needed for the system architect.
- Oversees the system analysis and simulations to drive trade-off decisions
- Owns the system FMEA. Ensures its creation and maintenance with all the required stakeholders.
- Ensures V&V methods and tests are known and documented to facilitate the requirements tracking.
- Approves the V&V plans. Focus on the platform and overviews all customers.
We are looking for
Architects are generalists. They are expected to be knowledgeable of many technologies and able to judge their applicability to specific situations. They apply their knowledge to practical situations, but evaluate the cost/benefits of various solutions using different technologies, for example, electronics versus software versus mechanical, and assure that the system as a whole performs according to the stakeholder's expectations.
To thrive in this position it is critical that you have:
- 5+ years of experience within embedded product development
- 3+ years of experience in software architecture design
- Excellent skills in embedded software implementation, mainly in C and C++
- Have contributed with your expertise in architecting, dimensioning and selecting the appropriate (RT)OSes/Hypervisors for each processor to safely support the intended functions, this work also involves experience from hands-on SW development skills to bring up these systems.
- Safety-critical SW development
- Knowledge of structured design embedded real-time systems, and hardware/software interfacing
- Good understanding of embedded electronics design
- Excellent experience in agile development methods
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Experience from the automotive industry
- Road vehicles – Functional safety ISO 26262
- Automotive SPICE and V-model
- Work with Embedded Linux, virtualization and real-time operating systems, both practically with yocto and driver development (and more) as well as preparation of decision material for strategic decisions
- Image Sensing / Visual Sensing
- Multi-Sensor / Fusion
- Vehicle Arch / Vehicle Sensors
- Problem solving skills and experience of trade-off analysis
- Lidar Sensing
- Operating sys, machine state
- HMI / Visualization / Display
- Ultrasonic Sensing
- IMU & GPS & V2X Sensing
- RF Communication
- Product Configuration Management
As a person you have:
- The right attitude and soft skills
- A strong drive for results
- The ability to contribute to a good team spirit
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to create a good work structure
- An analytical mindset
About Stoneridge Electronics Division
Stoneridge, Inc. is an independent designer and manufacturer of highly engineered electrical and electronic components, modules and systems for the automotive, medium and heavy-duty truck, agricultural and off-highway vehicle markets. The Company conducts its business in three segments: Electronics, Control Devices and PST. The core products of the Electronics segment include vehicle electrical power and distribution systems, and electronic instrumentation and information display products. The core products of the Control Devices segment include electronic and electrical switch products, control actuation devices and sensors. The PST segment is engaged in the design, manufacturing, sale and aftersales services of in-vehicle audio and video devices, electronic vehicle security alarms, convenience accessories, vehicle tracking devices and monitoring services primarily for the automotive and motorcycle industry.
Our products range from telematic systems, driver information systems, and tachographs through electronic control modules and power distribution centers to multiplex systems, cockpit switch modules and aftermarket products.
At Stoneridge Electronics, we are using computer vision technology to develop innovative products for the automotive industry. In recent years we have developed a camera-based replacement for the traditional rearview mirrors on trucks, to reduce fuel consumption and therefore also the impact on the environment. These systems help drivers to get a better view of the surroundings, making life safer for pedestrians and vehicle drivers alike. We are working on integrating machine learning into our products so that drivers can get alerts in critical situations and focus more on the road ahead.
Geographically, the company is operating in 25 locations in 12 countries. We are proud to supply products and systems to the majority of the most well-known Vehicle producers like Volvo, Scania, Daimler, MAN, Ford. Stoneridge Inc. has about 4500 employees worldwide and has a turnover of approximately 700 million USD.
Find out more about Stoneridge and what it’s like to work with us at https://www.stoneridgeelectron...